27 September 2008

Empire Greatswords, part 4

A little bit of modification was in order for the standard bearer of my Greatswords unit.





I'm not yet brave enough to try a hand-painted flag, so I cut the staff from the right arm piece, just above the hand.  After a second look, I also removed the remainder of the staff that I had left above the hand.  It would be a lot easier to mount a new staff to the hand, rather than attempt to line up the two sections:



Looks reasonably straight!


And, the finished (but unpainted) product:




A little bit of decoration for the top finishes it off.

Now, for some flags.  I think that I will try to talk Feawin into helping me out with that, as she is much better with computer graphics than I am.  The base colors will be those of Nordland - blue and yellow.  I think that the flags for the core units, spearmen and swordsmen, should be a bit plain, with the veteran troops, like the Greatswords, adding some more detail.  The Army standards will need to be large and dramatic, as befitting an Army of the Empire.


.

2 comments:

  1. You may want to have a play with this little flag making tool... it may at least give you a starting point??

    http://www.imagineimage.org/flgen/flmain.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting link - thank you Steve!

    ReplyDelete