04 January 2009

Drumbeat 2009

2009 has started off very well for me, as I was able to go to my first gaming excursion since mid-2006. Drumbeat is a small (one day) historical-mini-only get-together in Seattle organized by Dick Larsen. It is now in its third year, and looking good for next year. I counted about 50 gamers present yesterday and many great games.
Early action - two WAB games in 25mm and a Napoleonic battle (15mm).

Tactica2 - a huge set-up in 15mm; Romans are on the far side, facing an opponent from Asia Minor (sorry - I do not remember the actual army facing the Romans!)

Warhammer Ancients - table 1: Armies of Chivalry in action

Warhammer Ancients - table 2: a Punic War battle

DBA - do I see WWg?

DBA table 2: Paul Hannah on the attack

Another pic of the WAB Punic battle - the battle lines are closing, and the skirmishers are, well, skirmishing!

A close-up of the Asiatic's right flank at the Tactica2 battle

Field of Glory in 15mm - I have yet to play FoG, but from what I gathered from the players, that black marker is very bad news...

An unfortunately poor pic of Wes Roger's Napoleonic game (15mm) - French vs. Austrians I believe

One more pic of the WAB Punic battle These are pics from the morning games. I was actually hoping to get into a General Quarters 3 game, but the GM was running very late, so at about 11am or so Feawin and I decide to go have a leisurely lunch. This extended into some grocery shopping and we did not make it back until 1pm. Shortly after we returned, Mark Serafin arrived, having struggled with adversities (car trouble and a poorly running ferry system) to run his GQ3 game. Pics of that game are on my other blog - Mini Ship Gaming Other games in the afternoon included more Field of Glory, DBA (I saw at least 4 games of DBA running simultaneously), WAB, and a WW2 skirmish. I had a great time at Drumbeat, and will plan to be at the next. Many thanks are due to Dick Larsen for organizing these events, and thanks to all of the gamers that showed up to run and play games!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment